Dealing with issues
Mods Studio 2 version: 2019.05 or newer
Updated on: August 25th, 2019
Although we always try to create a stable and reliable software, having limited time for testing means there will be issues released to end users. Also, using new technologies means we have to go trough a learning curve about deployment and possible issues. This tutorial article should give you some ideas how to deal with possible issues, crashes and/or bugs.
In case you experience issues, this is the procedure you should follow:
- Check if you have the latest Mods Studio 2 version, and download the newest if necessary
- Try troubleshooting steps as described in this article
- See if the issue was already reported and/or solved in the official SCS Software forum thread
- Report your issue and wait for the new version to be released
- Make sure your system meets our requirements - a minimum of Windows 7 SP1, and a x64 system. Consider upgrading your system if you do not meet these requirements.
- Mods Studio 2 relies on .Net Core 3 (preview) to run. Although we're trying to pack and include all required files in the MS2 download, sometimes we might get things a bit wrong.
To fix this, try downloading and installing the latest Microsoft .NET Core 3.0 Runtime - Windows x64 (v3.0.0-preview8).
- If the above did not help, try downloading and installing a full .Net Core 3.0 p8 SDK (software development kit).
- Make sure you have sufficient privileges on your system to run the application. This might require moving the application to a different folder/location on your hard drive. Also try running the application as an administrator.
- Check if your anti virus software is possibly blocking the application (or one of it's components).
- Check if there are application error/crash logs in the Output folder and if they contain useful information about the issue.
To help us diagnose and fix problems with Mods Studio 2 make sure you send all required information when reporting an issue, crash or a bug. We cannot help you if you just say "It doesn't work".
List of required information:
- Version of Mods Studio 2 you are using
- Version of Windows you are using, including service packs, and if it's 32 or 64 bit
- Do you have .Net Core 3 runtime libraries and/or SDK installed
- Attach any error logs from the applications Output folder
- Describe what you were doing when the issue occurred
- If possible, copy all the text (including details) from the error message if there is one.
- If possible, make a screenshot or a video of the bug
Send this information to email@example.com or report it on the SCS Software forums in our official thread. Don't worry if you don't get a personalized reply - it doesn't mean we didn't see it. We take note of every report and we try to fix all issues. We just might not have enough time to send replies to everyone as we do get a lot of reports. Just give us a bit of time and wait for the next release. Hopefully it will contain a fix for your issue.